- About us
- Food & AgTech
- Rural Estates
- Social enterprise
- News & insights
- Contact us
Brentwood Block is an 8-acre masterplan in Metro Vancouver next to rapid transit. The pedestrian-focused, low carbon community will create 3,500 new homes and include a community centre at its heart. By transforming from an asphalted surface parking lot into a pedestrianized public realm, the project aims to be the model for large‑scale walkable developments centred around the human experience.
Brentwood Block will exceed the City of Burnaby's sustainability requirements through 100% electrification of in-suite appliances, space heating and cooling systems, LED lighting and smart thermostats. The project will meet Grosvenor's 2030 Commitment to achieve Net Zero Operational Carbon through efficient envelope design, low carbon systems and renewable energy.
"This low carbon community is predicated on principles of long-term resilience, regeneration, wellness, inclusion, and economic vitality."
Tanja Milosevic, Associate Vice President, ESG
Biodiversity & landscape
- 50,000+ sq. ft. of new soft landscaped area
- 100,000+ cubic ft. of new soil biomass to store rainwater and capture carbon
- 25+ indigenous and adaptive plant species to reduce irrigation demand by 50%
- 300+ new trees planted to reduce the urban heat island effect
- 7,000+ bike parking spaces and 200+ throughout the public realm, end of trip facilities, and bike elevators
- 3 new community bike lanes connecting to the Lower Mainland cycling network
- 100% EV parking capability and 30+ community car share stalls
Arts & Culture
Environmental objectives in North America
Certain information contained in this page, including, but not limited to, the environment, social and governance targets set within, are forward-looking statements regarding Grosvenor’s goals and objectives, and are based on current expectations, assumptions, estimates, projections, opinions and beliefs. Forward-looking statements are inherently uncertain, and actual results may differ materially from those reflected within. Grosvenor does not assume any obligation to update such information, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.